Electronics Production Technician
Mindsets (UK) Ltd, Saffron Walden
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £19,000 to £25,000 per year (dependent on knowledge and experience)
Job type: Full-time
Mindsets (UK) Ltd supplies unique and innovative science and technology products to schools and other educators. Our recently appointed MD, Joseph Birks, designed and manufactured a number of these products at his previous company, Redfern Electronics Limited. The production line has now been transferred to the new Mindsets site.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with good attention to detail and an interest in electronics. On a day-to-day basis, the job will involve running the in-house pick and place machine (Quad QSP2 Plus) and performing general electronics assembly.
We are a small and flexible team, so you may also be required to operate other equipment, (e.g. laser cutters) and do some mechanical assembly. The ideal candidate would already have a strong interest in electronics and/or STEM education and will be given the opportunity to grow their role within the company.
- Experience of SMT (pick and place) assembly OR good knowledge of basic electronics
- Good soldering skills
- Good computing skills
- Good practical skills
- Basic electronics design experience (e.g. hobby projects)
- Coding skills
- Familiarity with the UNIX/Windows command line
- Running the pick and place line:
- Setting up the pick and place machine
- Programming CAD/CAM
- Solder paste application
- Reflow oven operation
- Programming and testing of circuits (including rework if required)
- Quality control
- Manual soldering
- General assembly work
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Supporting other areas of the business as needed
Other Duties and Opportunities
- Input into product design (including electronics)
- Customer technical support
- Blogs, video content, attending exhibitions and events
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.