Home Forums Crumble Development ChromeOS / chromebooks

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nickmit 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

genevieve
    Participant

I wondered if the crumble will work (in the future) with ChromeOS. Specifically to work with chromebooks in a classroom environment?

Simon

Good news first
    I’m planning on getting Scratch to control a Crumble

Bad News
    Even though Scratch 2 works very well on Chromebooks – existing hardware extensions for things like Lego WeDo don’t (according to Google – I have no Chromebook)

So unfortunately, its going to be very tricky (never say never) to get this to work

Simon

Joseph
    Keymaster

The Crumble software is written in python, so unfortunately, porting it to ChromeOS looks like a lot of work. Recently, Google have announced a way of running Android apps on ChromeOS, so that might ease things a little, but I haven’t looked into it yet.

Using Scratch could be interesting. I’m assuming it’s running in the cloud? I wonder if a little ChromeOS app could enable communication from Scratch. Although, the Crumble would only work when connected to the Chromebook, so depending on your application, it might not be ideal.

Joseph

nickmit
    Participant

I wondered if there had been any progress on this. It would be great to use Crumble with Chromebooks. Any developments?

Nick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.